Archived Discussion Topic

Will a Canadian BBQ work in Aussie       started by HomerJay on 22 Jul 2004   (1750)
Message InfoMessage
From HomerJay

22 Jul 2004 10:58 AM
Hi there, We are moving from Canada to Australia, and and we have a BBQ that we would like to take. Will the existing fittings (i.e. gas regulator) work with australian LPG tanks? If not, can we buy convertors? Thanks Sonjoy
From Aussiemove

To HomerJay

22 Jul 2004 12:23 PM
I'm not 100% sure, but I would think the regulator would have to be an Aussie approved one, so I would suggest you buy a 9kg LPG gas bottle (about $40), plus a regulator and hose (about $25 in Bunnings or equivalent hardware shop on East Coast). The end of the hose has a normal right-hand thread (female) connector that looks to be 1/2 inch. So this is what you'd need to connect to your Canadian BBQ. I have been told you can get adaptors for pretty much any BBQ - try for specific advice for your BBQ's connections. Also, please post back if you get more info as I'm sure others will want to know. cheers, Geoff