Archived Discussion Topic

spouse visa declaration help please       started by claireandmatt on 08 Feb 2010   (22548)
Message InfoMessage
From claireandmatt

08 Feb 2010 7:25 AM
Having finally got round to filling in my spouse visa application form I have come a little unstuck. My husband has an australian passport due to his father being born in Australia. His father however no longer lives there and I have get an a 888 form filled in by 3 people with australian citizenship or permenant resisdent which states they have know my husband and I and prove our marriage is genuine. As we still live in uk we have yet to meet anyone who can fill the form in. Is there any way around this? Can i not prove our relationship is genuine by the fact we have been together for 8 years and have a 3 year old? Any advice would be gratefully recieved as forms now ready for posting to australia house. thank you claire
From sdb

To claireandmatt

10 Feb 2010 7:37 PM
Hi, don't panic, on the top right hand side of the form it says if you live outside Australia, you can get people in the country you are in to do the stat dec instead that is what we did, and had no problems. nOw in OZ we got husband visa in 3 weeks just had to send copies of kids birth certificate that they requested They just need to be witnessed by a solictor but all information is on the form 888 We were married for 12 years and have two kids, Any questions i will be glad to help if i can. Good luck Anita
From AudreyS

To claireandmatt

11 Feb 2010 11:05 AM
We had exactly the same situation except that we were in South Africa. We got our doctor, our pharmacist and our bank manager to do the forms. There were no problems at all.