Archived Discussion Topic

driving licence       started by pop on 07 Jul 2010   (22943)
Message InfoMessage
From pop

07 Jul 2010 1:42 AM
HI could anyone tell me what way young drivers in OZ work My son who is 18 passed his driving test here in N.I. a year ago so he has just come off R plates . Does he qualify for a Full Australia driving licence or does he have to use P plates when he.s in Perth ??? Because of his age ???
From pop

To pop

08 Jul 2010 6:34 PM
just wondering would any of you guys be able to answer my wee question on young drivers i no your all trying to sort some guy that got free advertising but any info you could give me be great thanks.
From Jul_Ian

To pop

08 Jul 2010 6:57 PM
Hi there We're not over in Oz yet, but from what I can remember on other threads, if you've had a licence for umpteen years (like me) then you have a theory test and then get your Ozzie licence. If you've passed within the last 2 years, and Im pretty sure Im right, you just swap it over straight away for an Ozzie licence. Either way, its pretty straightforward anyway, but I think I may be right on this. Julia
From tisme

To Jul_Ian

08 Jul 2010 7:29 PM
It's just an eye test show sufficient ID, part with your money then you get your WA License. If you have an overseas driver
From tisme

To pop

08 Jul 2010 7:31 PM
Read the below post, replied to jul_ian by mistake.