Archived Discussion Topic

relocation to perth       started by Ladyv1979 on 23 Jul 2010   (22980)
Message InfoMessage
From Ladyv1979

23 Jul 2010 2:56 AM
Sorry we are in peterborough uk. thanks for the messages already
From PTIvory52

To Ladyv1979

24 Jul 2010 6:17 PM
The australian gov have a list of agents that they say are the safe ones to use so if you google that it will give you the nearest one to you, sorry cannot remmember the link.
From tisme

To PTIvory52

24 Jul 2010 7:49 PM
Migration Agents Registration Authority
From jimboman

To tisme

24 Jul 2010 9:12 PM
Always use a MARA registered agent. It is a requirement for Australian based agents to be MARA registered and it is illegal to offer professional advice on migration issues unless you are MARA registered. If you are applying for a skilled visa and your case is uncomplicated (you have the skills and experience, your kids are your own and not subject to visitation rights etc.) then do it yourself. The hard part is the skills assessment which is all about pages and pages of references, trade certs, etc. etc. You will have to do this yourself anyway, with or without an agent. The easy part, is the main application. Just answer the questions, attach the right documents (passport and birth certificate copies, photos, blah blah) and send it off. An agent will not give you an edge when you apply. If you are reasonably well organised, do it yourself and save a couple of grand (at least).