12 Nov 2010 1:47 AM
|Does anyboby have any experience of taking a pug to australia?
We are moving to Melbourne at the end of december and have just found out that Quantas will not fly pugs, nor it seem will many other airlines.
We believe it's because of their short noses and the fact that some cargo areas are not pressurised, is there another way to get her there? If I have to leave her I'll be leaving my son as well.
Any tips would be most helpful
12 Nov 2010 11:05 AM
I don't have a Pug but I flew my 2 dogs over and I was so scared but I had an excellent guy from Golden Arrow Shippers that helped us sooo much and got our 2 kids here safe.
Get in touch with Steve from Golden Arrow and he will tell you if you can or not and help you through anything.
Fingers crossed and please let us know how you get on.
12 Nov 2010 11:09 AM
Just found Steve's number (01) 588 680 240, address is Lyndbury North, Shropshire, SY7 8DY They are old school no internet but very experienced and very very caring.
We are in Melbourne and if we can help with anything PM us xx|
12 Nov 2010 3:15 PM
I would recommend given golden arrow a call, we used them for our lab, and my friend for her great dane another difficult dog to fly over.
We are very helpful, and will give the answer you need
12 Nov 2010 8:44 PM
|Short nosed dogs are prone to heatstroke and breathing problems when exposed to stress or extreme temperatures, the cargo holds are not temperature controlled, this combined with the stress of flying for the dog could prove fatal. This is the reeason some airlines won't allow short nosed dogs to fly with them.
13 Nov 2010 12:20 AM
Thanks so much for all your replies,
I was just wondering if anyone has heard of or used air crate fans, I came across them whilst researching training a dog for flight, I figure the more I can prepare her the better she'll handle it.
The fans look and sound good, they work on a thermostat. But will airlines allow them?
Any advice gatefully received
13 Nov 2010 10:52 PM
My friend flew her pug over 10 months aso, everywhere told her no, but golden arrow sroted it for her - well worth paying out for a decent agent!
I am flying my 2 dogs out on 30th November - cant wait :) |