Archived Discussion Topic

Please help       started by lozwill on 28 Mar 2011   (23477)
Message InfoMessage
From lozwill

28 Mar 2011 8:54 PM
I have been contacted today by my old boss in the uk asking if i am able to help him out. He was telling me that his x wife is wanting to take their son to Perth to live. Of course he is desperate for this not to happen. I just wondered if anyone else has had any experiance of a similar situation and if you could give me any advice that I could pass on to him. He also asked me for a list of the negatives moving to Australia brings that he could supply to his solicitor, this would also come in useful if you could help. He is a a realy nice bloke so any help would be appreciated. Thankyou.
From cindy42

To lozwill

28 Mar 2011 9:11 PM
Does the hague convension apply in this case? Maybe someone with a bit more knowledge of H C . can assist.
From tisme

To lozwill

29 Mar 2011 12:30 AM
She can't just move him to Oz without his fathers permission. If he wont give his permission the mother can take it to court and have a judge determine wether the child would be better off living in Oz or not, she will have to prove he will be. All this has to be done prior to getting the visa.