robynmentzel1's BLOG

Recent TopicsUpdated
TICKETS BOOKED28 Apr 2010
HOUSE SOLD.... AGAIN!27 Jan 2010
VISAS GRANTED11 Jan 2010
Seriously???02 Dec 2009
Medicals29 Sep 2009
CASE OFFICER22 May 2009
Aus on hold08 May 2009
COLD FEET NOW WARM AS TOAST!15 Dec 2008
COLD FEET13 Dec 2008
AUSSIEMOVE FRIENDS20 Nov 2008
VISA APPLICATION17 Nov 2008
VISA APPLICATION LODGED TODAY07 Nov 2008
HOUSE SALE CRASHES!05 Nov 2008
DOCUMENTS SENT.21 Oct 2008
IELTS VICTORY!17 Oct 2008
IELTS ANXIETY!!!16 Oct 2008
JUST DISCOVERED AUSSIEMOVE07 Oct 2008
Aus on hold
08 May 2009
Not sure whether we have put Aus on hold or whether they have put US on hold! We have still not received our visas and our emigration agents say they only foresee us being allocated a case officer by the end of July! We are on the CSL so I'm not sure what the huge delay is. Evidently they are still wading their way through the state sponsorships. Maybe our agents are just super-slack and pulling the wool over our eyes!
Although the pressure has been lifted in terms of our arrival in Aus, I am still anxious to get those visas in my dirty little paws!

In my momentary lapse of reason, I registered with UNISA on a full-time basis so am now charging around being a mother (full-time and unpaid), a wife (full-time, overtime and under-paid), employed (full-time and minimally paid) and a student (full-time and I pay)!!! And, to top it all off, Luke and I have launched ourselves into a serious fitness regime... did our first half-marathon (21kms)on Sunday. Hence, my absence! I start exams next week (OMG)and I feel like I am back at school! And all this, just for a bright and breezy future in Aus! It had better be worth it!

I'm still following your progress, Everybody, so don't think that your blogs sneak by unnoticed! Chins up. Hope we get to share a glass (or bottle, or 2 or 3?) soon.

Merriment always
Robyn
1 comments  Show / Hide
05 Feb 2009
After much thought and careful consideration, we have decided to put our emigration on hold. With the economy being as unstable as it is at the moment, we think it will be better to sit tight and ride out the storm. We are still going ahead with getting PR and are looking forward to validating our visas once they have been approved and coming to see what Aus has to offer(we have never been there before). I have decided to enrol with UNISA (a distance learning university in SA) to further my studies as my dream is to teach English and Drama but my qualifications need to be upgraded in order to do that in Aus. I taught in SA for many years and I am passionate about the profession. As far as I can tell, and I stand to be corrected, tertiary education in Aus for non-citizens is awfully expensive.

So, we are looking more at the long-term for now. We have been unsuccessful in the sale of our house and are reluctant to just give it away as we only bought it 2 years ago and we would then have to pay in the difference if we accept a lower offer. House prices have dropped considerably in SA, as they have worldwide.

We have heard both supportive and scathing opinions and we are very open to listen to your views..... but be gentle! It has been a very difficult decision to make as there are so many pros and cons to both options. We were very excited about our new life in Aus but in all honesty, it is just not practical at the moment.

Who knows? Once we have been to Aus on our rekkie, we may change our minds! What's the use of having a mind if it can't be changed???

Wishing you all the best of luck in your endeavours. I will continue to follow your progress!

Robyn
6 comments  Show / Hide